Monday 11 November 2013

A difficult story



My third book entitled A Fly on the Garden Wall has now been published and so far it has been met with a wall of disinterest. Oh well, one can’t win ‘em all. My first book, A Fly on the Ward is still selling very well, not quite Fifty Shades of Gray selling, but still selling in good numbers.
Happily the forth and fifth books are progressing, if some what slowly due to interruptions from family and health.

The next in the A Fly on the . . . series will be called (I think), A Fly on the Boat. Obviously this book will regal you with humorous stories of my nautical misadventures and the odd soaking. It will follow the style of A Fly on the Ward and A Fly on the Garden Wall, stories to make you smile.

But, the fifth book is being a right pain in the arse!  I am trying to write a novel. That idea itself is novel to me but I thought I would have a go. The problem arises in what I have planned. I hope to write a science fiction story with science fantasy added. This is proving difficult as I have to make sure my science knowledge is actually correct and up to date. 
When writing fantasy one can make up anything and explain it as ‘magic’, however when one is writing science fiction, known rules and facts need to be adhered to. One cannot change the laws of physics simply to achieve a good storyline, nor can one mess around with chemistry or biology. So this is going to be a difficult task and may never reach completion, but we’ll see . . .
Watch this space as they say.

All my books are available from Amazon in digital or paperback.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only described and discussed things I observe and thoughts that occur as I see them, I mean no offence but welcome other points of view or opinions.
If you like what I've rambled about, great! If not, please keep your comments polite.

Water in a river changes constantly.

Water in a river changes constantly.