Tuesday 21 March 2017

So today I began the long, long process of trying to obtain a literary agent or publisher. I've been very busy making a list and checking it twice, listing literary agents in the UK. I've contacted my proof reader for a brief synopsis coz I haven't a clue how to shorten the gist of my books down to one or two pages. The stories fit inside whole books fer Christ's sake! How the hell am I going to condense that lot into one or two pages? Buggered if I know.

I'm dipping my toe into the world of publishers and very secretive agents because I'm fed up with self-publishing. My new book, Animan, is a great book. I've even amazed myself when rereading it over and over again for editing. So far sales are slow, very slow, in fact they've stopped entirely and that defeats the object somewhat. Self publishing is good for those who only write because they feel they have something to say.  However, self publishing means one can only sell via Amazon, meaning one misses out on much publicity and the honorable status of having books on bookshelves in such illustrious venues as Asda and Tesco.

I've enjoyed the freedom of self publishing but now need a bigger audience and a bigger market. I'll get down on bended knees and grovel to all those mighty book publishers and literary agents in the hope of gaining succor from their hands. I don't hold out much hope, many people don't believe in God because they've never seen Him. Well let me tell you, you have more chance of seeing God than being accepted by an almighty being of the publishing industry.

So pray for me kind reader, help me on my way to the mysterious accolade of a bookshelf author.
Ta.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only described and discussed things I observe and thoughts that occur as I see them, I mean no offence but welcome other points of view or opinions.
If you like what I've rambled about, great! If not, please keep your comments polite.

Water in a river changes constantly.

Water in a river changes constantly.